Saturday 24 December 2011

Sometimes, you can't get the words out of your head...

When I built my artillery bastion, Ray Rousell very helpfully commented "...now you need to make the rest of the fort to go with it!"

Well I hadn't planned to, and I resisted for a while, but his words kept haunting me and eventually I succumbed.  Cheers, Ray - now all I have to do is decide what the hell I'm going to do with it all!

I knocked up two more straight sections to go around the gun position, and an angled bastion to allow flanking fire along the wall.
All these parts wwere made the same way - waste foam, painter's caulk, timber strip, PVA and sand, with odd bits of Fimo-cast hurdle here and there for variety. I'm trying to draft out a convincing looking gateway, based on various sources, but trying to make a decent replica without it becoming too involved is beating me at the moment. For now, I have enough!

A rear view,

And an attacker's eye view.


Obviously I need a bigger backdrop to photograph it against, but I'm sure you get the idea.
It was fun project, although I can't say that it's contributed much to me to getting my Anglo-Saxon army repainted!

Enjoy!

1 comment: